POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HRDI, Radiosity and Jewelled Box : HRDI, Radiosity and Jewelled Box Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:35:25 EDT (-0400)
  HRDI, Radiosity and Jewelled Box
From: Janet
Date: 19 Sep 2006 00:50:00
Message: <web.450f7678bbaad40792c96d80@news.povray.org>
I tried HDRI and I love it! I am wondering how it really works. This
probably sounds dumb, but I'm assuming radiosity is required for HDRI, can
someone confirm this??

I did use radiosity, no lights, for this image. The box was modelled in
Blender. I put a bump_map on the box top surface.

I found a bunch of free HDRI maps at these links:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10152791/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10036562/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/9597501/

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cresent_pov_scene2.jpg' (156 KB)

Preview of image 'cresent_pov_scene2.jpg'
cresent_pov_scene2.jpg